The Revolution has begun…
SpinArcTM welding torches create a superior welding experience through the use of a high speed rotating welding arc.
This unique rotating arc welding process enables welding all metals in any position. This can be achieved by using solid or metal-cored wires in spray transfer or pulse modes. Out-of-position welding is made possible by the surface tension created from the high-speed rotation.
The stirring action results in cleaner welds with enhanced properties. Narrow groove welding is made possible with this process and often requires little or no beveling.
Weld Revolution’s patented designs create a unique rotational movement that maximizes the effect of this process allowing for high versatility. This technology is delivered through our state-of-the-art welding torches. Our open architecture design allows for maximum flexibility and control over needed arc performance, whether it’s a narrow hard driving arc for root pass welding or a soft floating arc for cladding operations, we can deliver it.
Rotating arc welding was originally developed to improve the cleanliness of the molten weld pool by mechanical rotation of the arc. Over time, many other benefits have been realized, as the process has evolved to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Reduced Edge Prep Time
All Position Welding - No oscillation needed
All Welding Alloys - Solid & Metal Cored Wires
Key Features & Benefits
- Allows for spray transfer welding in all positions
- Increases out of position welding deposition rates
- Distributes the arc force evenly throughout the joint
- Evenly spreads heat input throughout the weld puddle
- Requires for little to no bevel
Stirs welding puddle
- Distributes the arc-force evenly throughout the joint
- Allows for welding of “sluggish” materials
- Balances solidification rates within the weld pool
- Stirring action helps to break up oxidation and contaminates resulting improved weld cleanliness
Out of position welding
- Produces good wetting action with smooth bead profiles
- Smooth stable rotating arc
- Results in smooth bead appearance
- Can be easily used in conjunction with more advanced methods of transfer such as spray- pulse